THE STRUGGLE IS REAL
Showing up everyday on social media is tough for so many reasons. Here are some of the biggest struggles I’ve heard & have faced myself when it comes to posting consistently on social media:
- I don’t have time!
- I don’t have the energy.
- I don’t even know where to start.
- I don’t know what to post.
- Just thinking about it stresses me out. So I avoid it.
- I need to be working, not sitting on twitter all day.
- Social media is a creativity crusher.
- Did I mention I don’t have time!?
THE SOLUTION IS WORTH IT
Let me start by saying, I hear you! I’ve been there. Heck, I was there up until three months ago when I finally shaped up my social media act. Since then, some pretty amazing things have happened:
- My twitter following has been growing by 100+ followers every month. And I’m talking engaged followers, not just silent numbers.
- My Instagram following has been steadily increasing. If you’re a numbers person, the stats show I gained 62 new followers in the past week. Again, I have some amazing followers here who are joining in the conversation and commenting.
- I gained nearly 40 followers on Pinterest within two weeks and was invited to two group boards without even having to ask! Also, my average monthly views have gone up by 79% and my monthly average engagement has gone up by 75% within the last two weeks.
Why am I telling you all of this? To prove that showing up consistently on social media will increase your following, add engaged members to your community, and spread your brand presence like wild fire!
How am I using social media and stress-free in the same sentence? I combined a bunch of resources with a lot of trial and error and found out what works best for me. There are a million and one articles (maybe more, who knows!?) out there telling you how to create an effective social media strategy, how to be found on social media, how to get X amount of followers in X amount of days.
I just want to show you the simple, stress-free social media strategy I’ve been using for the past few months to consistently grow my brand. My hope is that you can take the plan I’ve created, apply it to your own social media strategy, and finally stop stressing about social media!
A short video on why social media is important for your business or blog
Check out Part 2 in my next post, ‘Organizing when to post’.